Want Plumbing Tips? Here Are Money-Saving Tips From A Plumber Near Me In | Katy, TX
If you’re looking to save more money on your plumbing, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled quite a long list to help homeowners prevent costly repairs and save money. If you have questions, feel free to get in touch with a “plumber near me in” Katy, TX.
Plumbing tips you must know:
Below are effective plumbing tips that don’t just help you save money, these tips also help prevent costly plumbing repairs:
- Don’t ignore a plumbing problem. If there’s one thing you shouldn’t do, it’s to never ignore a plumbing problem no matter how minor you think it is. Make it a point to always resolve the issue at the soonest possible time. You can avoid paying a fortune for repairs if you get in touch with a “plumber near me in” right away to take care of your plumbing problem. For example, if you suspect there might be leaks in your plumbing because you see water spots in the ceiling, get in touch with us immediately for professional leak detection. Our plumbers will thoroughly inspect your plumbing, locate the leak and fix it on the same day.
- Install energy-efficient appliances and water-saving fixtures. ENERGY STAR appliances and WaterSense fixtures can be expensive but you get to save money in the long run if you install them in your home. Energy-efficient dishwashers or washing machines and dual flush toilets use less water, helping you save money. If you’re planning to install them in your home, ensure you only hire a licensed “plumber near me in” Katy, TX to ensure the correct installation of these appliances or fixtures.
- Switch to tankless water heaters. Another way to save money on your plumbing is to replace old and inefficient water heaters with energy-efficient water heaters. Speak with a licensed “plumber near me in” if you’re planning to install one so that we can help you decide on the flow rate and ensure you never run out of hot water ever. Tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years, which means there’s no need to purchase a tank-type water heater every 10 years. If you’re trying to save up some space in the basement, you can do so with the tankless water heater that you can install in your bathroom. Most importantly, you get to conserve energy with the tankless water heater because there’s no standby heat loss. You only consume energy when you turn on the shower or the faucet, helping you conserve energy and save money. The only major disadvantage of installing a tankless water heater is the price. Compared to conventional water heaters, the former is more expensive. However, you do get to save money in the long run.
- Install a sump pump to protect your home. A sump pump is a safety device you can install in the basement that safeguards appliances stored in the area. You need to install a sump pump especially if you live in high-risk areas or places that get more storms or are prone to flooding. Remember, water can jeopardize your home’s foundation but you can avoid this by installing a safety device. Should you plan to install one, do ensure to only hire a licensed “plumber near me in” to ensure the correct installation of your unit.
- Get leak detection devices. Apart from installing a sump pump, we also suggest you install leak detection devices to prevent flooding in other areas of your home. You can put these devices near the washing machine, dishwasher or water heater. When installed correctly and successfully connected to your mobile phone or tablet, this device will alert you when it senses abnormalities in your home’s plumbing. Some models can also automatically turn off your water to prevent further damage.
- Always hire a licensed plumber for repairs or installations. Whether it’s for a major repair or installation, please ensure you only hire a licensed “plumber near me in”. A trusted and reliable plumber can get the job done right the first time. He’s also fully equipped not just with the tools but with the experience, they ensure the problem is completely resolved. If you need a plumber, bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston is always available to help. We even offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services to attend to all clients that need immediate service.
- Know when to respond to plumbing emergencies. The first thing you need to do during a plumbing emergency is not to contact a “plumber near me in” right away but to turn off your water. This is why we recommend you install shut-off valves near plumbing appliances and fixtures to make it easier to turn off the water.
- Protect your pipes. When the temperature starts dropping, please make sure you insulate all exposed pipes in your home including outdoor faucets. You must protect them or the water inside those pipes can freeze. When the water freezes, the pipes will expand and burst. Call a “plumber near me in” immediately to thaw the pipes and prevent a major plumbing emergency.
Contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston Today
Are you looking for a skilled “plumber near me in” to take care of plumbing repairs or installations? You’ve come to the right place. bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston specializes in helping all homeowners and businesses in Katy, TX, with any repairs from fixing a broken water heater to repairing a broken pipe. Get in touch with us immediately and our team will schedule you for an appointment the soonest possible time. Our goal is to ensure all problems are resolved promptly and permanently.
Call bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston today for an appointment.