Never be complacent when it comes to your plumbing. Some homeowners never get routine plumbing inspections thinking everything is okay. What they don’t know is that there are issues with their plumbing that need to be addressed and it might be too late when they find out about the problem. This is why we recommend never to take your plumbing for granted. If there are issues, contact a “plumber near me” right away to take care of the problem. Better yet, create a plumbing checklist to know which plumbing appliances or fixtures to check weekly and monthly.
Read this article for tips on how to take better care of your plumbing and why it’s important to get regular plumbing inspections. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a “plumber near me.”
Benefits of Plumbing Inspections
When was the last time you hired a licensed “plumber near me” to thoroughly check your plumbing? If you haven’t had a professional inspection yet, now’s the time to ask a licensed plumber to check your plumbing system for any issues that might lead to a major plumbing emergency in the future
Getting regular plumbing inspections has a lot of advantages. Below are just some of its benefits:
You Can Save Money
When a “plumber near me” checks your plumbing, he will be able to identify problems that need to be resolved right away. These problems may progress into a major plumbing emergency when not taken care of right away. The routine plumbing inspection ensures the problem will be fixed and you get to avoid a costly plumbing repair.
Avoids Major Flooding
No homeowner ever wants to encounter leaks or flooding in their homes because it can damage their home’s structural foundation and it’s also going to cost them a fortune in repairs and restorations. But with a “plumber near me” checking your plumbing system, you can prevent this from happening. That is because a plumber can ensure your plumbing is in excellent shape and you won’t have to worry about repair costs anymore.
Gives You Peace of Mind
When you know everything is in top shape, you won’t have to worry about leaks or other plumbing issues that will cost you a lot of money. So what are you waiting for? Contact a “plumber near me” immediately to check on your plumbing and to ensure everything is in top shape.
How to Take Care of Your Plumbing
Do you know how to take better care of your plumbing? We have helpful tips below:
- Always read the manual before using a major plumbing appliance. If you just bought a new plumbing appliance and you don’t know how to use it yet, please make sure you fully read and understand the manual before using the appliance. Never attempt to use it unless you’re certain you know how to operate the product. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact a “plumber near me” for clarification. You may also contact the manufacturer directly if you have questions.
- Learn how to take better care of your plumbing pipes. If you live in an old home and you’re not sure about the type of pipes installed in your home, we recommend you contact a “plumber near me” to inspect your plumbing. Our plumbers can help you determine if it’s time to replace older pipes with modern piping such as PVC or copper. Galvanized pipes are more susceptible to damage and rust. They may also likely leak, especially when they’re very old. It’s better to invest in newer pipes to avoid problems with your plumbing.
- Flush the water heater. When was the last time you inspected your water heater? If it has been over a year, we recommend draining the water heater to remove the sediment buildup that will affect the efficiency of your water heater. You’ll know the sediment has accumulated in the tank when you keep losing hot water or when you get fluctuations in water temperature. The only way to fix this is by flushing the water heater. It’s recommended to do this once a year only but feel free to do this more than once, especially when you have a low water pressure or you have hard water in your plumbing. Additionally, you need to also get in touch with a plumber to check on your water heater professionally and ensure you still have clean drinking water at home.
- Get professional drain cleaning. Never ignore slow drains as that can lead to a major drain clog. We’re sure you’re already aware that clogged drains can also lead to water damage and pest infestation. Get a professional drain cleaning service to maintain the drains and never use chemical-based drain cleaner because it can only do a lot of damage to your plumbing pipes.
- Install a sump pump. If you live in a flood-prone area, make sure to install a sump pump to prevent flooding in the basement. Don’t forget to also regularly check your sump pump and get extra batteries to ensure it works in case the power goes out.
Contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston Today
Are you looking for the services of a “plumber near me?” bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston is here to help. You can trust that our plumbers can get the job done right the first time because they have been helping homeowners for several years. We can take care of any plumbing repair no matter how simple or complex it is. We can also handle major plumbing installations.
If you need professional plumbing service, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for an appointment.
See our recent blog on this topic here.