Photo By Minerva Studio at Shutterstock
Houston Heights has a less than bright history despite being one of the first planned communities in the state. Oscar Martin Carter and his company started developing the streetcar community in 1886 with streets, schools, parks, and utilities.
Houston Heights was perfect for individuals working in the hustle and bustle of the big city but wanting the serene home environment of a suburb. The town became a municipality in 1896 but 25 years later Houston annexed it because the new town did not have enough tax revenue to keep the city functioning.
After World War II, the suburb started to decline with poorly managed public housing sprawling into a den of poverty. A killer conducted his brutal crimes in the 1980s that furthered the area’s negative reputation.
In 1973, the Houston Height’s Association began revitalizing the tree-canopied esplanades and unique examples of architecture like Doug’s Barbershop on 11th Street that has been featured in movies like Anderson’s 1998 Rushmore. Between 1980 and 2017, one-hundred homes and buildings were listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Today, CNN Money’s ‘Top 10 Big City Neighborhoods’ placed Houston Heights at the fourth position on their list. Boutique restaurants, beer gardens, and unusual shops all populate ‘Houston’s mini-Austin’ that according to National Geographic has ‘the highest concentration of professional artists in Texas.’
Historic buildings and other spaces of architectural importance require careful plumbing renovations to maintain their usefulness. bluefrog Plumbing and Drain of Houston understands the importance of protecting the integrity of these constructs while maintaining affordable and efficient plumbing services. We’re proud to support the revitalization of Houston Heights.
Warning Signs It Is Time to Call BFPAD
Most people would rather sweat and work than shell out the cash necessary for a small repair they can do themselves. However, there is a limit to what an amateur can do in terms of repairing their plumbing. There are many circumstances when it is smarter to put down your tools and call a professional.
These are those situations.
- Slow Drains: Washing machines, dishwashers, sinks, tubs, and toilets all vary in efficiency from time to time depending on the use and the state of the pipes. However, if this is an everyday occurrence you might have a bigger problem on your hands.
- Talking Taps: Plumbing naturally makes noise from time to time, but if you hear water running even when all the taps are off it might mean that you have a slab leak. Listen for knocking and groaning too because trapped air in the plumbing network might be causing damage to the system.
- Sewage in Your Home: Wastewater flooding a home is a nightmare. It is unsanitary, damaging to floors and walls, and smells terrible. There are countless reasons as to why this happens, but it is best to contact bluefrog Plumbing and Drain as soon as possible to prevent widespread damage.
- Low Water Pressure: Lots of Houston Heights, TX homes struggle with low water pressure. This common issue is often due to pipes that are too small or clogged pathways. A plumber will be able to identify the source of the problem without destroying your walls and floors.
- Damaged Walls and Floors: Often damaged walls and flooring are discovered long after the problem started. It takes a considerable amount of time for water to destroy plaster and wood surfaces. The harm done to your floors and walls might be the result of a burst or leaking pipe.
- Yellowish, Brown Stains often mean you have a leaking or burst pipe. The expelled water erodes plaster, vinyl and wood flooring. Usually, these stains are found directly below a bathroom, or adjacent to the kitchen. Be on the lookout for mold and other bacteria.
- Zero Hot Water: Few things are worse than trying to take a bitterly cold shower. A lack of hot water could mean the heating element is broken or obstructed. Do not attempt to repair this problem without proper training.
- Smelly Drains: Garbage disposals get stinky from time to time. If you can clear the air with cleaning the drain and disposal then it is unnecessary to hire a plumber. However, if you notice the smell of Sulphur immediately contact the gas company, leave the premises, and make certain you do not have a leak.
- No Water at All: A lack of water is most frequently attributed to blockages in the network of joints and pipes throughout your plumbing. Many of these pipes are located inside the walls or underground and require special tools to locate the obstruction.
- Stinky Water: Usually, foul-smelling water can be because a pest has died in the pipes leaving behind a terrible scent. Again, because it is difficult to tell where the blockage is located it is best to trust a professional who has special tools for the job.
Choosing a Reputable Plumber
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain invests in its team members by offering tantalizing incentives to refresh their skills as mechanics and trades-people. Plumbing technology changes quickly like other industry’s technology and requires plumbers to take refresher courses to stay efficient and competitive.
All of our team members are fully licensed and bonded. We also ask our employees to submit to thorough background checks and alcohol and drug screens, so we are confident the individuals we send out on service calls are exemplary professionals who always provide great service.
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain represents the best value for money when it comes to plumbing services. We promise to be efficient, honest, and transparent in all dealings with our clients. The BFPAD Proactive Protection Program is a subscription service that takes the sting out of calling a plumber with an industry-defying 15 percent discount, priority service, and an annual plumbing evaluation.
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain is proud to help revitalize the historic and unusual Houston Heights, TX. Our Right Service Guarantee protects your investment in our work. If you are unhappy with the job completed by our team members get in touch with our office and we will rectify the situation immediately!