A home’s plumbing is often the most neglected part of a house until it fails. According to the Insurance Information Institute, one in every 60 homes suffers some water damage yearly.
A malfunctioning plumbing system can be costly to repair and might take time until everything is restored to normal. To help homeowners prevent such disasters, plumbing companies offer service agreements to their customers. Read on to find out what a plumbing maintenance agreement is and if you should get one for your home.
What Is a Plumbing Maintenance Agreement?
A plumbing maintenance agreement is a legal contract between a homeowner and a plumber near me in Texas.
It details the work a plumber should do in case of a plumbing repair, specifies the scope of annual inspections, and states any discounts and warranties a homeowner can receive. This written contract can give you peace of mind knowing that your home’s plumbing is properly taken care of.
What Services are Included in an Agreement?
While services may vary from contractor to contractor, the following are some of the things you should look for.
The annual inspection will ensure your home’s plumbing is always in good condition. A plumber near me in your area will check the water heater, washing machine, faucets, toilets, drains, sewer line, septic system, and any other plumbing fixtures you’ll have agreed on.
Some might also include a gas line inspection and an HVAC system check. The frequency of these inspections can be adjusted according to your needs.
When you sign a service agreement, you’ll receive preferential treatment. In case of an emergency, the plumbing company will prioritize your call. You could also get same-day service for normal plumbing repairs.
A plumbing maintenance agreement usually grants you discounts on repairs and parts. Ask about any other benefits you can get, and make sure everything is in writing.
Plumbing repairs can be hazardous, and things might not always go as planned. The agreement should define the type and scope of insurance coverage provided.
What Are the Benefits of a Plumbing Maintenance Agreement?
- A professional plumber is always at your beck and call. You will never have to worry about finding the right plumber in case of an emergency.
For a homeowner, there are many benefits to a good relationship with your plumber near me in the Katy locality. You can get free expert tips and advice on better care of your plumbing system, and you will be more comfortable asking questions and seeking help.
- You can save money in the long run. Some might think that a maintenance agreement is just a waste of money. But did you know that water leaks can amount to 10,000 gallons of water every year?
If you have an agreement, a plumber near me in your city will be able to detect these leaks and fix them. The technician will also spot any other issues that can grow into serious problems that will be very costly to fix.
- Your appliances will last longer. Water heaters can last up to ten years or longer if properly taken care of.
During the annual inspection, your plumber near me in the city will service your water heater and other plumbing appliances and do the necessary repairs if needed. This will ensure your appliances will work more efficiently, and you can save on utility costs.
- Plumbing emergencies won’t happen as often. Most homeowners have experienced at least one plumbing disaster in their homes. But many of these emergencies could have been avoided if the plumbing system had been taken care of.
A plumbing maintenance agreement includes not only remedial but also preventative care. Your plumber near me in the town will make sure your plumbing system is in good shape to prevent any issues from arising.
- You’ll enjoy reduced rates and priority service. During an emergency, your plumber near me in Katy, TX will prioritize your call and make sure you get the help you need as soon as possible. Some plumbing companies might also offer discounts for service calls and reduced rates on weekends and holidays.
- You are well protected. A plumbing maintenance agreement is a legally binding contract. It will ensure that any plumbing work is done efficiently. This contract can be advantageous if you ever need to claim water damage insurance.
It keeps your home safe. Lastly, a plumbing maintenance agreement will keep your home safe and ensure the plumbing system will function efficiently for as long as possible. If you are connected to the local gas line, a plumber near me in Katy can check for gas leaks and fire hazards during the annual inspection.
Plumbing systems usually get neglected, and few homeowners have the expertise to take care of them. For most people, a plumbing maintenance agreement is the best option to keep a home’s plumbing up.
To make sure you get the most out of this agreement, look for a reputable and trusted plumber near me in your area. The professional must be licensed and insured and have considerable field experience. Before you sign on the dotted line, ensure you understand each clause and don’t hesitate to question anything that’s unclear.
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston Cares About Your Plumbing
A plumbing maintenance agreement is only as good as its provider. At bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston, we aim to be the most trusted plumbing company in Katy, TX. We are known for our reliable and prompt services and are trusted by customers far and wide.
We make sure all our plumbers are trained, licensed, and insured. Our plumbing services include leak detection, water heater installation, sewer line repair, gas leak detection, and emergency plumbing. Contact us at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of West Houston to start benefiting from our plumbing services in Katy, TX.